- Qualified Gas Turbine engineer
- Experience of Mark-VI and Mark-V controls
- Qualified Diesel engineer
- Experience in a wide range of mechanical and electrical fields
- Good Communication and Good Presentation Skills
- Commercial Knowledge of Gas Turbine/oil and gas Industry
- Good Team Player and proven team Leader.
- Flexible, adaptable and successful in new technologies and different work environments
- Proficiency in Front-end Microsoft Software
|2015 to Present
|Osborne Engineering – Cramlington – Lead Technical trainer
- Responsible for the delivery of training courses on site or at clients premises across the UK or overseas. Conducting training needs analysis and designing bespoke training. Carry out internal training to facilitate CPD of OEL staff. Produce course outlines and cost quotations for all OEL customers. Help to develop marketing and business development strategies
|2013 to 2015
|Osborne Engineering – Cramlington – Technical trainer
- Responsible for the delivery of a range of mechanical training programs for Osborne Engineering. Courses delivered at locations throughout the world and based on a variety of subjects including, General Electric gas turbines Frames 5,6,7,9, Speedtronic MKV/MkVI, diesels generators, gas compressors, Steam generators, steam turbines, water treatment/desalination, bearings and pumps.
|2011 to 2013
|HMS Northumberland – Propulsion and Generation section head
- Section head responsible for upkeep and maintenance of ships generation and propulsion engines, (Paxman Valenta, Paxman Ventura, Rolls Royce).
- Carried out major defect rectification after multiple major engine failures.
- Carried out maintenance and defect rectification compressors and associated pumps (Dresser, Atlas Copco)
- Compiled accurate reports of maintenance and defects ensuring serviceability and availability of machinery.
- Senior at sea watch keeper responsible for all ships propulsion and transmission systems including Rolls Royce Spey gas turbines.
- Junior mechanics training coordinator overseeing and delivering training and development for trainee mechanics.
|2009 to 2011
|Britannia Royal Naval College – Remedial leadership instructor
- Remedial training manager/instructor responsible for the development and delivery of training to officer cadets.
- Compiled comprehensive personal reports on all trainees to facilitate further training and development.
- Updating and re designing of remedial training package for officer cadets.
- Designed bespoke training package for potential naval aviators helping to reduce training failure rates within the aviation pipeline.
- Worked very closely with very senior members of staff to ensure correct reporting and development of trainees
|2007 to 2009
|HMS Roebuck – Propulsion and Generation section head
- Head of group managing a team of six personnel. Responsible for upkeep and maintenance of ships propulsion and generation diesel engines (Mirlees Blackstone ES8 / Cummings N14). Responsible for transmission systems including reduction gearboxes and controllable pitch propeller systems.
- Completed Cummins N14 technician level 3 course at Cummins Daventry. Oversaw replacement of Mirlees ES6 generators with Cummings N14 generators including fitting and setting to work mechanically and electrically. Carried out complete overhaul and refurbishment of Mirlees ES8 engines. Compiled accurate reports of maintenance and defects ensuring serviceability and availability of machinery. Carried out NDT, vibration analysis and fluid sampling, including Dr Diesel analysis.
|1983 to 2007
|Royal Navy various Junior and management positions
- Operation and maintenance of Parsons Steam turbines and associated equipment
- Operation and maintenance of boilers and steam generation equipment
- Gas turbine operations and maintenance including Metrovick, Rolls Royce and Siemens
- Maintenance and defect rectification of compressors, pumps, sewage treatment plants, refrigeration plants and water treatment/desalination plants
NEBOSH National General Certificate 2012
NEBOSH Fire Certificate 2012
Graduate ship award City and Guilds 2011 the graduate ship award in leadership and management
BTEC level 4 certificate Edexcel 2010 Teaching in the lifelong learning sector
Level 3 award ILM 2010 Level 3 award in workplace coaching for team leaders and first line managers
Certificate in natural sciences Open University 2007 Certificate in natural sciences
City and guilds Royal naval marine engineering school 1998 Workshop technology and repair tech
City and guilds Royal naval marine engineering school 1998 Mechanical systems maintenance
City and guilds Royal naval marine engineering school 1990. The auxiliary plant operator’s certificat
Boiler watch keeping certificate
Diesel operator’s certificate
Gas Turbine operator’s certificate
Speedtronic MkV MKVI Operations
Combined power unit operators certificate
Train the trainer course
Rolls Royce Spey SM1C marine gas turbine maintainer
Cummins VTA28/KTA19D technician
Viking 22/25 electronic governor maintainer
Cummins N14 technician
Weir pumps technician
I am currently studying with Open University for a Bsc in Geosciences; and for a diploma in health and safety I am a very keen runner and cyclist and enjoy competing in endurance cycling and triathlon events